Sunday 16 August 2009

Maun - Jo'burg

Hi everyone, I have 8 minutes left on my timer so it's going to be quick! (it's Katie btw!)

I ended up staying in Maun, Botswana for five nights when the rest of the African Trails group headed off into the Delta. Had a good lot of time to catch up on stuff and just chill! (the tan has progressed quite a lot...it was boiling!) I chose to endure an hour flight over the Delta with the Candians, Sam and Liam who had also stayed behind. I hate flying. I hate it even more now! A tiny five seater plane...my worst nightmare! The Delta though was beautiful, from the 500 feet in the air you could see for miles...just bare wilderness. The curvature of the earth you could see even. Lovely, but I could have done with going up for 5 minutes then coming straight back down.

The African Trails truck left us behind in Maun with the 7 others leaving for Jo'burg...was very emotional as had become quite close to a lot of the group! I'm sure there are going to be many a trip round the country and across to Oz and Canada hopefully!!

Freds and I flew out of Maun this morning with Air Botwana to make the hour and a half flight to Jo'burg. Yet again showing my fear of flying. We are now in the Backpackers Ritz in Jo'burg, buzzing with people and ready to get drunk tonight to say goodbye to the rest of the group here with us before we make the 26 hour train journey to Cape Town early tomorrow morning!

Wish us luck!!
love you all
miss you all so much...

Freddie and Katie
xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment