Sunday 23 August 2009

V & A Waterfront and Simonstown...

Loving the internet here in Cape Town, its ridiculously fast!! Better than at home even.

Shopping was lovely yesterday =) Walked the 45 minute walk down to the waterfront from the house up in the hills of Cape town (the Gardens region). The Waterfront is just beautiful with the huge marina and docking yards. Old boats from around the world come here to be rejuventated and re-painted so the yard was full of old ships. The shopping centre is gorgeoussssssssss. Mainly designer branded shops but some individual ones too. Bought some jeans and a handbag...sorry Natwest :P Wandered around and took a gander inside the Nelson Mandela gateway, may take a trip to Robben Island next weekend. Very tired from all day shopping so walked home again, collapsed on the sofa and fell asleep! haha.

Today I couldn't really decide what to do, Kevin is due to pick me up at 5pm to take me to my family's house in Hout Bay. Thought I'd wander down to the train station in Cape Town with my Lonely Planet and decide from there. Simonstown was the next train so I hopped on. The 80 minute journey cost me 23 rand. That's about 1.80!! Simonstown is a lovely little seaside town on the east coast, where the water is a lot warmer from the Indian Ocean. The train although stopping at every station on the way making it very slow was lovely as it followed the coast for the majority of the way. Once in Simonstown I meandered around and then trekked the 30minute upward struggle to Boulders Beach, where a massive colony of African penguins reside. ahhhh they're so gorgeous! A lot smaller than I thought they would be! You can get really close to them as the boardwalks built purposefully allow you to see their nests. I got a gorgeous photo of a penguin watching its eggs! Running out of room on my memory card (mum sorry but I lost that memory card you gave me when I left! eee!) Going to try and get all photos burnt to disc...

Start at the school early tomorrow morning. Exciting!!

Love you all, miss youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Kates
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment